Every Donation Helps Save A Life!
Every donation to the Animal Friends Connection Humane Society goes towards the daily needs and medical care of our animals. Your help can make a difference and save a life!
AFCHS is a nonprofit 501(c) (3) charitable organization serving San Joaquin County & the surrounding areas of the greater San Joaquin.
Just Some Of Our Annual Expenses
Donations Wish List
- Copy paper and postage stamps
- Small size throw blankets for dog and cat adoptions
- Warm blankets for our outdoor dog kennels, the ones with stuffing don’t work as the dogs chew them and remove the stuffing
- Twin size blankets for inside the sanctuary and baby blankets for the cats
- Interactive toys for cats or dogs, the ones without stuffing or toys to throw
- Cot style dog and cat beds, or other types of beds
- “Natures Domain” grain-free, canned dog food from Costco
- Felidae dry Cat food, and Natural balance, Blue Buffalo or Nutro canned cat food
- Break away Cat collars
- Collars for small dogs (sizes 8” to 12” and 10” to 14”)
- 4 foot leashes for dogs
- Bleach, laundry detergent and paper towels
- Roll out lawn to fill in dead areas on the lawn at the sanctuary
- Fast growing shade providing shrubs or smaller trees
- Van and insurance
- Empty land or a house to use as a permanent adoption center/shelter
Gifts In Cash
Cash donations are the easiest and most common charitable gift. As a registered nonprofit organization, a donation to AFCHS of up to 50% of your adjusted gross income is tax deductible. A donation in excess of 50% of your adjusted gross income can be carried over five years.
Gifts of Property
Donations of appreciated property (such as mutual funds, securities, and real estate) carry extra tax benefits. You can deduct the fair-market value of property and you can also reduce the capital gains tax. You can deduct the fair-market value of the property up to 30% of your adjusted gross income; similar to a cash gift, any excess can be carried over for five years. The capital gains tax can be reduced as long as the property has been held for over one year.
A gift annuity is the transfer of a specific amount of money, securities, or real estate in exchange for a regular payment for the rest of your life and/or the life of a loved one. The charitable portion of the gift can be claimed as a deduction and a portion of each annuity payment is not taxed as income.
We rely on the generosity of our members to meet our day-to-day expenses, such as pet food, utility bills, and office supplies. By building a strong endowment fund, we will be more capable of meeting our operational expenses. Donating to the Endowment Fund will help give AFCHS a secure future.
Contact Patricia Sherman at email@example.com.