Hundreds of pets so far have
found homes with our help this year
Save a life
Learn how today!
Adopt from AFC today
with our help.
Interested in adopting one of our dogs or cats? Take the first step and fill out the adoption form. You can find the link to the form at the bottom of the dog or cat’s bio.
Without fostering, there can be no rescue. Every year we save the lives of over 800 pets.
Every little bit counts!
Your genereous donation helps animals most in need.
You can volunteer today so animals that we would otherwise not be able to help are saved.
Are you looking for a new companion?
Dear Potential Adopters
We appreciate that you are interested in one or more of our dogs or cats for adoption. Here is a list of things that should help us answer you in a more timely manner.
1. Filling out a Dog Adoption Application does not guarantee you an adoption. It does help us determine if the dog you inquire about is suitable for your home and to potentially suggest others not yet on our site.
2. We reserve the right to approve or deny any application and the right not to disclose the reason.
3. We reserve the right to visit the home where the dogs will be residing prior to adoption.
4. All family members and any pets living in the prospective home must meet the dog prior to adoption.
5. We do not allow any of our dogs to be chained, tied up, or locked in a garage. We do not allow our dogs to be crated except at bed time.
6. Our dogs are “family” dogs. We do not allow our dogs to be “outside only”.
7. We do not adopt out any of our dogs without a securely fenced and private yard.
8. Apartments must be located downstairs with an enclosed, privately fenced patio. The fence must be 6 feet high.
9. If you have children please read our section on children and dogs.
10. Our biographies explain the needs for each dog and they will vary depending on the dog. These needs are based on our experience with that dog and we do not make any exceptions.
View our featured pets and all our animals ready for adoption!
Need a big handsome boy to love? Meet Brownie! He is a 1.5 year old, 80 pound, Newfoundland, Pit Bull,...